THE FAN EXPO VOLUNTEER TEAM IS:
- Expected to act appropriately as they are representatives of Fan Expo Vancouver™
- Expected to maintain confidentiality with any information received at Fan Expo Vancouver™
- Not permitted to make any statements or actions that would effect the Expo, including statements to the public and/or press
- Expected to perform their requested duties to the best of their abilities. If for any reason volunteers are unable to do what is asked of them, please inform the Supervisor so that other arrangements can be made
- Not guaranteed to work in a specific event. Some duties will be specific to either Anime, Science Fiction, Horror, Gaming or Comic, while others will deal with all events
HOW MUCH TIME DO I HAVE TO GIVE?
- A minimum of 4-5 hours each day is requested
- Volunteers are free to participate in the activities of the Expo before & after their scheduled duties.
WHAT IS THE DRESS CODE?
- Volunteers are asked to dress casually and appropriately. No ripped jeans, short shorts or skirts, offensive shirts, etc.
- To be courteous to co-workers and patrons, volunteers will practice clean personal hygiene. Please avoid using excessive amounts of perfumes, colognes and/or hairsprays that may cause a problem for allergy sufferers.
- Volunteers are welcome to come in costume as long as the costumes do not cause any limitations to their abilities to perform their duties.
- Costumes must follow the rules set out for the Masquerade
- The Fan Expo Vancouver™ staff reserves the right to dismiss any Volunteer whom they feel does not adhere to the guidelines set out by the Expo, and/or who fails to satisfactorily complete their duties.
Please note that although we do receive many out of town requests to volunteer, Fan Expo Canada is not responsible for travel OR accommodations.